Welcome back to a new term and school year at Rainbow Montessori! We hope it will be filled with excitement and perhaps a little sunshine.
As well as welcoming back all of you, we have a number of new children joining us and we’d like to offer a warm welcome to Anna, Annie, Dhilan, Henry, Paulo, Raya, Roy, Millie P & Millie M to the Rainbow family. If you see a new mum, dad or nanny please don’t hesitate to say hello!
This term we are also very excited to welcome back Miss Andreea to our wonderful team at Sherriff Road.
Due to staff changes your child may have been assigned a new key person, please check the notice board by the signing in trolley for any changes.
We will be starting our school year with an emphasis on Grace and Courtesy lessons in order to resettle our returning children and help to settle our newcomers. These lessons are important as they give the children structure and routine. Through this we hope to encourage independence as well as a sense of community among all the children and staff.
The main topic this term will be ‘Continents’ the children will be learning about continents names, lifestyle, communities, clothing, food through Montessori and EYFS interactive activities. There will be both individual presentations and group lessons about the Continents. The topic will further be integrated into different extra-curriculum activities such as Spanish, Japanese, Music, Makaton and cooking lessons. More details of the upcoming topic can be found on our blog and everyone will be kept up to date with these through use of our notice board.
Please feel free to ask any questions you have to Miss Raluca.
- The door is open between 8:30am-9:00am. We close the door at 9.00am in order to start our day with the children. If you are dropping off siblings or cannot make it by 9:00am for any reason please speak to the Head Teacher, otherwise we would appreciate a prompt drop off to avoid disruption to the children’s work cycle.
- Please ensure your child has at least two complete, labelled change of clothes (including socks) in their shoe bag. Children's shoes are suitable for them to put on themselves, encouraging independence.
- With the weather growing colder and wetter we ask that the children have raincoats and wellington boots as well as scarfs and hats to keep them warm while using the garden.
- We are a nut free nursery. So please take this into consideration when sending in snack/lunch.
- Please make sure all items are labelled, such as clothing, indoor/outdoor shoes, rainbow school bags, snack/lunch bags, to avoid items being misplaced.
- The end of a morning or afternoon session can be busy so if you do wish to speak to Miss Raluca, please let her know and you will be asked to make an appointment or wait until all the children have left the premises and only then a discussion may be held. We do want to keep you informed of your child’s progress and this will be done by ‘Ey Log’.
We all are delighted to embark on another year and another journey together. We look forward to making new friends and new memories here at Rainbow Nursery.
It will be a fun, productive and educational experience for all of us! We as a team are here to support you and your child in any way we can.
Best wishes from the Rainbow Montessori Sherriff Road team,
Miss Raluca, Miss Hira, Miss Marta, Miss Azusa, Miss Siobhan, Miss Andreea
and Miss Sofia